I made this one tonight and my daughter said it’s now her second favorite dish (not sure anything will ever make her happier than steak). I got this from skinnyms. once again. The only changes I made was to use 4 fresh tomatoes rather than canned, and to serve it over brown rice instead of pasta. Quinoa would probably work too. It is super easy and incredibly good! Enjoy!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.