I know I’ve been on a recipe kick lately, but i just had to share this one. I got this recipe from my good friend, Lamar Jefferson, who gave me a cookie, then handed me the recipe. These cookies are sooo good and jam-packed with protein, fiber, and stress busting B vitamins. They are gluten free and will kick your cravings to the curb! Enjoy these little pieces of heaven 🙂
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa flakes (or gluten free oatmeal flakes)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 large VERY RIPE bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (be aware that this will add dairy to this recipe, unless you can find the rare dairy free chips)
- Pinch sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas in bowl with a fork and add vanilla, almond butter, and coconut sugar. Add quinoa, oatmeal, coconut, and pinch of salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop batter on to cooking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Makes about 25 cookies that look more like muffin tops and are chewy.
Fitness/Athletic trainer and busy mom just trying to do my share to make the world a better place.
Share this blog
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/wc1ppu7L5Xw?a Selena Gomez - Slow Down (karaoke) 3 years ago
- atcshan.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/mel… atcshan.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/mel… 4 years ago
- emotions and back pain atcshan.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/142… 4 years ago
- Do you really understand what we're dealing with here? wp.me/pIuTr-mR 4 years ago
- Health Benefits of Meditation ideafit.com/fitness-librar… via @ideafit 4 years ago
Blog at WordPress.com.